Tuesday 2 April 2013

April here we come

Trying to find time to play the challenge is my main concern recently, but thats always the problem. Its normally the health that stops me. But since mum died I have had a lot of stuff going on regards family and making sure everyone is ok. I'm now the power of Attorney over Gran and her money, which I didn't realise is actually a pain in the arse to maintain, with having to write everything down that has got to do with her cash. On top of that I have to look after my special needs brother, who is getting better at doing things for himself, but then there's a basic laspe like buying ice lollies from the shop and leaving them on the table instead of putting them into the freezer, and thus having no lollies. School boy errors, but he should know this sort of thing, so I have to make sure I have my wits about and do everything else that needs to be done regards running a house on top of all that, which involves travelling quite regular up north. At the moment its about every 10 days or so and staying up to a week at a time. I have managed to have BroadBand installed and on the last trip set up another desktop with my Laptop there as well. But had to wait 6 weeks after the hub arrived before it was all working correctly, but its all done now. Sadly I only have the 1 screen at the moment, and not really had a chance to play poker up there yet to any degree. But next trip I should be good to go. I have however managed to play probably the most poker on the challenge to date during last month. I know I said I havent played much, but when your playing hyper Heads up Sit n go's its surprising how much rake and points you rack up. On top of that I found I was crushing the game at the $28 level, and during March I had played a total of 87 games HU Hypers with a min of $28 buy in. I won 55 and lost 32 so the maths work out a 19.91% ROI with a net win of $493.10. There are some $56 games in there as well, and just checking I played 3 and won 3. I know if I carry on like this I will run out of people to play. I am already finding it harder to find players. I'm hoping its just cos of the Easter holidays. But I have also been trying in vain to win myself a package to Marbella to play the GSOP and thats cost me big time, and still no seat, not even to the online final on a Sunday. I must of played roughly 30 $14.70 sats during March and lost everyone. That sort of streak defo eats into any profit I might of made. I have also been testing thr water in the 6 max cash games up to $1 tables, and if I play with no fear I can way handle myself there to. But its the 5/6 man hyper sit n go's I like as well. I read a peice in the pokerplayer Magazine about some guy on stars whos going for x8 Super Nova Elite in a year, and he plays just hyper 6 man STT's from $100 min upto $1000. I watched him for a while and if hes happy making just 2% pre rakeback then there is hope for me yet. I play a very sim way and range, and its not about the cards, more like position and pressure. You have to remember, at worst v any 2 cards your still a 35% chance of winning the hand, and thats if of course you get a call. Its easy shoving your stack in with 2 3 off, but its a complete different thing calling with 2 3 off and thats how he makes it work for him. But this guy is playing like 15 at a time, where on OnGame your lucky to get 1 game per 10 minutes. But like mentioned, I played or that should read I raked the most I have in any month of this challenge in March, and to come out of it up is a bonus. I actually managed to win a couple of Sats as well and so now have tournament tickets for $108 and $200. I will be looking to play those in the forth coming month and instead of sitting on them I can close this out with a final table in either, now that would be good..... I have just remembered though, I have played a little on Microgamming via Betsson and thats a € site. I recall dropping €100 on the first hand with the dreaded KK v AA and I ended up almost €160 in the hole before I called it quits, so that wasnt fun at all. Overall I don't know exactly how much the roll is, but I know its dropped below the $4000 mark which I think I mentioned last update. But with everything combined I'm probably looking at $3500 ish could be a little more but not much more I dont think. Anyways thats the update for this month, and hopefully I'll update again next month. Thanks for reading per norm. Plaza

No comments:

Post a Comment