Sunday 11 February 2018

After 8 tournaments we have our first cash & Final Table!

So yes it’s official, I played I think 8 tournaments since coming out of retirement to take up playing poker again. I have to admit it’s been slow going like I explained in my previous post. But I kept persistently playing when I wasn’t falling asleep and yes I managed to get to the Final Table. It was a long slog, especially when we were playing 6 handed on two tables for seemed like an hour, although it really was only about 20 minutes.
I played really really well and only got my money in when just twice behind and I think those two were flipping, pocket pair v AK for me. I lost most of my chips when miles ahead and only to be rivered. I had just 2 BB when about 24 left, but won 3 shoves which brought me back to the pack. I was 6th place when we got down to the FT and I was chip leader when there was just 6 left.
One thing I have noticed and that is players try and bluff a hell of a lot more than 3 yrs ago. Almost every time I called a shove or a big bet, they were bluffing. All I need to do now is win my races.....

No comments:

Post a Comment