Saturday 9 October 2010

So the 1st week back..........

Well I have been playing at higher stakes after I changed the rules, and straight away I noticed the play was very different to the €10 buy in tables I had been playing.

Still with very good BRM, I elected to play the 25/50c tables, and straight away I was rewarded with the biggest pot of the challenge so far. Yes I did get lucky when my AA rivered the higher set of 8's which he flopped. The final pot was €108 which I managed a punch the air with delight moment.

It then proceeded to go downhill from then on and 8 days later after that pot I am now just €11.60 up for the month. I peaked at €66 up from the 2nd Oct and have currently played 4477 hands.

I have noticed like I said at the start the play is far much tougher, and at the moment I don't feel comfortable playing 25/50c so moved down to the 12/25c tables normally playing x4 tables at a time. I am currently trying to release a bonus on PKR at the same time, so this stops me somewhat opening and playing further tables.
But even on the 12/25c tables players are 3 betting all the time preflop and I have 1 guy who 3 bets me everytime I raise a pot, which of course is a problem when I raise light anyways. I need to show him a bluff or 2 to stop him dead. There are still good spots and I take advantage of these. But overall I am happy with the play now it just means I have to start over again with the note taking.

Although not really important my rakeback deal is much better for me playing these limits, and have raked a massive € 54.25 so far and still only the 9th day of the month.

I will update again sometime in the week, but overall happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment