Friday 24 June 2016

Finally.... how it all began!

Well, actually after checking my first posts it seems I'm still not at the very beginning. The reason for this was I had to move poker forums when the previous owner decided he was closing it down and a few of us decided to open our own up as PokerPlayersPlace.com.

After not being on there for some years now I had a hard time logging back in. But I have managed to and I was going to copy and paste into here which I thought was the very start of the challenge. But sadly my first post is when I'm on €65.

This was my first entry...

19th July 2009

I have €65 on KS poker from about 3 months of playing. Currently playing micro 2/4c cash tables as well as the €20 freeroll 3 times a week which I have taken down 3 times thus far. This is my challenge which takes most of my time at the moment because the €3k bonus is appealing.

The €3k was what KS poker was going to give any player that could turn a zero Bankroll into €3k making it €6k in total once achieved.

These are the rules for the challenge...



1 You can never risk more than 5% of your bankroll in sit-and-gos and cash games. If you’re playing MTTs you can’t buy in for more than 2% of your bankroll, or 0.5% in rebuy tournaments. The only exceptions are for tournaments that cost $ 2.50 or less. In my challenge I also stopped myself from playing satellites unless I could afford the buy-in of the event I was satelliting into. I would change that rule now because Full Tilt gives you the option to take your winnings as ‘T’ dollars, to use in any tournament. If you can’t afford the buy-in, take the ‘T’ dollars and enter a tournament within the guidelines.

2 If you’re playing pot-limit or no-limit cash games you should get out before the blinds reach you if you have more than 10% of your bankroll on the table at any one time. You can move up a level as soon as you have enough money to buy into the game.

3 If you have to drop down a level, or you’ve had a few tough sessions and it’s affecting your motivation, take a break. Come back when you’re rested and able to play in the small games with 100% focus. It’s not easy. I don’t tilt, which is fortunate, but if you feel yourself tilting, you’ve got to take a break. These rules are supposed to motivate you to know to take that important break.

4 If you see an easy game for more money, don’t join in – it’s not an excuse to play in that game. However, if you spot a lower stakes game featuring a much easier field, by all means play it. You can actually make more money overall in a soft $ 2/$ 4 game than in a tough $ 5/$ 10 game.

5 You must never break any of the above rules and you need to focus 100%. If you’re going to break these rules, you won’t make the challenge.

Next entry is from a week later

26th July 2009

I now have €125.86 on KS poker. I had a very good week on KS making €60 helped by making a high hand during there July Promtion, my Quad aces making me €40 having said that I have been trying for the high hand all July and played over 5k cash hands all on the micro stakes.
The plan is to keep on the micro tables till the Promotion finishes at the end of July and then try the Sit n Go's.  
This is my challenge which takes most of my time at the moment because the €3k bonus is appealing.

Another week after,

2nd August 2009

I started this on Titan and have $94 on there but have not played on there for a while.

I have €53.75 on Sunderlands poker ( all from freerolls in 3 weeks ). This in an increase of €4 from the previous week

I now have €149.63 on KS poker. €25 up from last week, helped by a guy going all in everyhand in micro cash and me holding AA twice. I am going to hit the sit n go'ss this month and see were it gets me.
This is my challenge which takes most of my time at the moment because the €3k bonus is appealing.

I don't know why I kept saying that last line!






No comments:

Post a Comment