Thursday 24 June 2010

Not good

I don't have too long, so I will try and explain whats what.

I was discharged late Monday night, with me being in more pain than before the 2ND Op.
My surgeon explained to me that what I had removed in cement ( which was the term called for the leakage of between my disc ) that it was certainly not the cause of my pain, and there is nothing else she can do now. She doesn't know what the problem is now and it was decided that I was just one of the 5% that this AxiaLif Op I had 1st did not work on.

Like I said I am in more pain now than before I went in for the 2ND Op, and I have been told I should not be in this pain because I had a Bi-Lat Microsurgery, and people are sent home the next day with no pain what so ever, so I knew something else was wrong now.
I have been told that I must give it 8 weeks for all the bruising and the wound to heal, but after the 8 weeks whatever state I am in after will be my final state. Its been mentioned I might of suffered Permanent Nerve damage from the 1st Op, if so I am screwed anyway.

Present condition is still very sore. I am still in the same pain I was in when I come round after the Op. Nothing has calmed down, and at the moment I still look like ET when attempting to walk. I suffer big time whenever I move the bottom of my spine. I have been told I can not sit for longer than 20 Min's for 6 weeks and at the moment I am unable to so anyway.

They have upped my already top of the range painkillers dosage to double what I was taking, and I still feel the pain, granted far less after taking the medication, but It still doesn't stop me from screaming out whenever I move the bottom of spine.

The Next step is to wait the 8 weeks, and see what state I am in, and than I will know the full extent of the damage and then its off to London St Guy's Hospital to see a chronic Pain Management team on how to deal with the pain long term. I am also going to see about going to a shrink, because this as Knocked me for 6 and at the moment I am vulnerable to Suicide thoughts. You can imagine how I am feeling right now. I have to lie down for most of the day, be drugged up and basically just waste away while suffering chronic pain spasms in my back, as well has knowing there is nothing Else that can be done.

So for the above reasons I will not be around too much if at all during the next 6 weeks.

Sorry it is so negative, but I do not know what else to say or do. I should not be in the pain I am in from the 2ND Op, I will have to deal with the problem after the 8 weeks and even if I do heal back to my condition before this Op it is still no fun, which if you saw me in Brum you would know.

This as taken me most of the day to write this via an email, and then copied and pasted if your wondering.........


Darren

1 comment:

  1. real life bad beat, hope you pick up after 8 weeks .... no consolation I know, but linked you up
    gl
    Res

    ReplyDelete