Monday 9 August 2010

1 hand is all it took !

I played so so well today, and have really run unlucky as well today.....

Everything starting good, I put in a 400 hand session this afternoon and was holding my own, even though I met QQ v KK and KK v AA and QQ v AA. I should of been well behind, but pot control saved me a bigger loss, and I ended the afternoon session virtually even which I was glad about.

So after a little rest and some food, I then started the nights play, just playing x4 cash tables because I had a little tournament on the poker forum going on tonight, which I wanted to concentrate on. Then it happened......... The 1 hand.....

For some bizzare reason I still dont know, but I just felt I was good with my 66 on the BB to the button raise. The flop come down 8 high and I pot bet it, and he raises me, and I call it. Turn is the Queen and again I bet, and he shoves. I think hes still at it and call it now putting him on AK, but AQ was my dread. The river is a blank and he shows KQ, and I lose a full buy in. Lesson today was why try and bluff or try to get someone off a hand, when you dont know how they play. I had no history on the guy, and should of give him the benefit of the doubt, and watched him for a little longer. rather then thinking I can push him off it......

I then spend 3 hours trying to get the loss back, and yes I did take the odd risk in some cases, which is not how I want to be perseved at this level. I was doing ok just playing my game and getting paid off when I hit something. I double another shorty up with me holding QQ, and although I pretty sure I am beat, I still call the huge raise and the shove on the flop, and yes he was holding AA. I do win a €10 pot when Blind v Blind and Im holding AK, and the flop comes down Ace high, and he shoves. I dont know what hes holding but I pick it up. Then the games start to close down at 11-30 ish and I call it a day.

I check the tracker and slightly puzzled, but overall happy I guess. I thought I might of lost a lot more than I did, and yeah surprised to see just a loss of €2.67 for 1103 hands played today. I am pleased with the volume I played today, with an ease I enjoyed.

It all depends if I can manage to wake up earlier I suppose, like today was 10AM, but I had a GP appointment. But going to bed tonight at a reasonable hour, so hope to wake up early again........

No comments:

Post a Comment