Monday 9 August 2010

Yup it had to happen !

All good things must come to an end, and so does my winning streak for August. I actually had a losing day, and the 1st bit of red is now sat on the 8th August. But I guess its not all so bad, because I really did not want to play today. Sunday is becoming a day of pain and suffering which is caused by the weekly shopping trip into town and then followed later by the daily walk and its starting to take its toll on me. I had to rest in bed after the salad I had for tea, and I promptly fell alseep only to be woken by the sound of Big Brother finishing. There was a relief to say the least....... So that made it 10-00pm and still not played an hand of poker all day. I felt a bit better so instead of playing my usual $1 tournies tonight, I cracked open x8 tables for old times sake, and I managed almost an hour before they started closing down faster than the speed of the National Debt raising, and thats fast......

I was surprised that in the 50 minutes I played x8 tables I had managed 328 hands in total. Nothing worth of mention really. I bluffed a few pots early on and was then 3 bet most of the time, so went back into my shell taking mental notes for future references for profitable poker when we meet again. I think my biggest pot of the night was blind v blind who had raised me when I first sat down when I was holding AQ, and let it go after he fired a 3rd barrel on the river and I didnt have anything apart from the shove maybe. Anyways Its an Ace high flop giving me a flush draw with my 2 4 suited and I bet 3/4 pot which is only 18c and he min raises me and I call. The turn brings a 2 and I check for him to pot bet it, and again I call. The river is a 4 giving me bottom 2 pair. I put a little bet out and again he min raises, and I call it and he mucks and I dont know what he had. But I got lucky on the river I guess, or maybe my bottom pair was good, who knows, or cares really......

So the tables break and I look at the damage, and I am down €2.92 for the day. Saw nothing, bluffed a little, and chased a nut flush draw with 5 calling a turn pot bet by some player and I missed, but I was looking at it as a +EV spot if hit.

I hope I feel a bit better tomorrow, because today I struggled !

No comments:

Post a Comment