Thursday 5 August 2010

You F****** ***** ****** ****** **** **********

That's what you get called when you outdraw someone and they don't like it !

Let me explain......

Really struggled tonight to enter any games, and it took about an hour of trying before I was able to play 4 tables. I hate joining the waiting list and much prefer to jump on a table before it gets reserved, if you time it right it can be done.

Anyway I had nothing to say tonight after I played 500 hands or so apart from a couple of bluffs that got called, but did wonders for my table Image NOT. Well I guess its how you view that statement really. So like I said nothing at all happened. When that hand come up.....

I'm mid Position with JJ and raise it and button 3 bets it, nothing out of the Norm standard 3 times my bet I think maybe hes trying a move on me, because I had no stats on him and I never seen him before, so I call it and the flop comes down 10 high rainbow. I check to him to see what he does. Sometimes when there called they tend to close up if there bluffing. But he bets out half the pot and straight away I sense hes weak so I call. Thinking back maybe I should of raised the flop bet and been happy to take it there and move on, there are still 2 cards to come and if he did have AK AQ ish he could still catch. But hey Ho..... The turn is the Nuts its the Jack, no flush draws out there only a str draw or gutshot but I am not worried at all unless hes got QQ KK AA But with 1 card to go odds are in my favour so I check. ( People who know me, know I hate checking sets its my pet hate, but on this flop I could afford to check ) Which is what I do, and he bets the pot this time. OK hes committed pretty much now so I shove and he instant calls and its a nothing 5 on the river. He mucks and I collect a nice double up. Nothing wrong with that was there?

But he did not like it one bit, and the insults start..... 5 minutes later he was still calling me and my mother and my bottom..... Pretty straight forward hand really and he was outdrawn.... It happens get over it. Maybe if I had not hit the Jack on the turn and he put the same bet out, maybe I would of folded knowing he was holding either 1 of the top 3 Pockets. Like I said, its rare I get anyone 3 barreling at these limits so logical kicks in. But can you find anything wrong with the play?

We move on....... and its not long before its a blind on blind hand on another table me holding 44 in the BB and SB raises x3 and I call it. I flop the 4 with J 9 and he bets out the pot and I call it. Again not worried about anything and see if he carries on betting.
The turn brings the King and again he pot bets it and I call it. Ok he could have Q10 and made the straight now, if so my fault for not raising the Flop, but I want more cash out of him, and let him hang himself..... The River is another King and fills me up. Ok now I am wanting him to have AK KQ but of course he could have KJ K9. He then shoves and I call. He does have Q10 for the turned straight, but the river paired the board and I win.
I would not of played it any different. You take the chance when you have hands like that, and yeah sometimes it can back fire, but if I went out betting big every time I hit a hand I would find a lot of folds for sure.....

So all the action in the last 30 Min's of a 3hr and 15 min session and by 12-15am the tables start to break and I call it quits.

I check the stats on the PT3 and find I played 619 hands just 7 hands down from the previous night, with a profit of € 14.06. Also makes 4 days running in profit and puts me up 4 buy ins over 4 days with the rake ticking along nicely to. I know its out on the tracker because the tracker can not share a raked pot when its chopped. I had KK v KK tonight for a chopped pot so its out, but still shows € 12.39 which is good after 4 days at these levels.

Bring on tomorrow please........

No comments:

Post a Comment