Wednesday 4 August 2010

Good Day...... No GOOD DAY !!!!

This game always throws something up, just when you think you seen it all, out pops something else.....

Go'd day ( oz accent ) Yes very much so I'll say !!!

After recovering from having to get up this morning at the unearthly time of 11am to go see the physio and then having a nap when I got back for an hour I felt up for it today.....

Normally I do not play till after tea which is 7pm, this is because I don't normally have the hunger for it if I played during the day, so I stopped myself till the said time. But I was chatting away on the poker forum and cracked open x2 tables to help me along. Nothing exciting and I lasted an hour then closed down. Slightly up on the session and got in 100 hands or so.

Fully fed and watered, and been out for the daily walk which I do every day to help the back pain limbo up...... ( I don't know why, cos I always feel worse for it when I get back ) I then proceeded to crack open x4 tables. I say 4 because I wanted to try 6 tonight, but I am loving the low buy in tourneys and cant stop myself from playing them...... Anyway back to tonight's action. I was struggling a bit to be honest, and lost a bit when the BB called my button raise and flopped top 2 pair v my top Pair top kicker. But then the fun started......

I'm in the BB holding K10 and 3 limper's so I check and flop comes down 10 10 10 - Loving it !
Of course I check..... Then someone bets out...... Bollox to it, its easier if I post the HH

BossMedia Game #2282777466: Table Table TH 1220 - €0.05/€0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:53:23 - 2010/08/03
Seat 1: bkiss5 (€2.00)
Seat 2: neonic (€8.04)
Seat 3: Plaza. (€11.08)
Seat 4: parapet1 (€9.65)
Seat 6: Lacika974 (€1.70)
Seat 5: laooconte (€1.80)
Seat 9: forzatante (€8.99)
Seat 10: AnAt01 (€1.95)
Seat 8: adriancris (€10.77)
neonic posts the small blind of €0.05
Plaza. posts the big blind of €0.10
bkiss5 is the button
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Plaza. [Ts Kh]
parapet1 calls €0.10
laooconte folds
Lacika974 calls €0.10
adriancris folds
forzatante folds
AnAt01 folds
bkiss5 folds
neonic calls €0.10
Plaza. checks
*** FLOP *** [Th Tc Td]
neonic checks
Plaza. checks
parapet1 bets €0.30
Lacika974 calls €0.30
neonic folds
Plaza. calls €0.30
*** TURN *** [Th Tc Td] [9c]
Plaza. checks
parapet1 bets €1.00
Lacika974 goes all-in with €1.30
Plaza. calls €1.30
parapet1 calls €1.30
*** RIVER *** [Th Tc Td 9c] [Qh]
Plaza. bets €3.90
parapet1 goes all-in with €7.95
Plaza. calls €7.95
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot €20.05 | Rake €1.05
Board: [Th Tc Td 9c Qh]
bkiss5 won (€0.00), mucks
neonic won (€0.00), mucks
Plaza. won (€20.05), showed [Ts Kh]
parapet1 won (€0.00), showed [As Ad]

Yes you saw right, he limped with AA..... Lesson to all NEVER LIMP WITH ACES !!!

So it set me on my way for a good night, but the fun did not stop there. The same guy who I lost to in the BB with top 2 pair, well we clashed again only this time I got him back. I'm holding QJ off on the button and folded round to me and I raise it x3 BB and he 3 bets me to 96c and I call it. The flop comes down KQJ with a flush draw. He bets 3/4 pot and I 3 bet it to €5-15 and he 4 bet shoves. I know I am ahead and I know I just dont want the board to pair.
Turn is the 4 and the river is a 6 and he flips over K10 for top pair with a open ended straight draw which he missed. So I double off him and carry on playing. Nothing else really happens and I opt to go to the bathroom and sit out. When I come back I have been kicked off the tables for missing to many hands.
I play 1 table later on while playing 2 tourneys and make a small profit and then the table starts to break and I call it a night.

Just checked the stats and found I have played a total of 1500 hands in August and I played 626 today for an overall profit for the day of €18.64 which is almost 2 buy ins. I know players can get this in prob an hour or so, but its about progression for me and not a sprint. I watched Jesus on tilt go on about his challenge, and it took him 18 months in all to reach it. Hes a former world champ and knows his stuff and If it takes me 3 years to get there I still think that's very good going. I am pleased with how this turning out and I am proving to myself that I can play some good stuff. Granted I am not a Manic so my swings are never huge, and most of the time I will have winning sessions rather than losing ones because I know Luck does play its part sometimes and you might get your money in good, only to be outdrawn. It happens but its how you deal with it that counts.....

More of the same tomorrow please !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment