Friday 13 August 2010

Bad Plaza - Bad Plaza.......

Yes I am a bad Plaza.......

I really should not of fired 4 tables up while playing a Heads Up Tourney on the forum in the PPP WSOP event 4. It cost me dear and before I knew it I was broke on 1 table, after failing to spot a tight player raising me on the flop only for me to shove with top Pair top Kicker holding AJ on a Jack high Board. He had KK and that was that.... It then gets worse when I am sure I can get this player off a button steal because I noticed he had done it 3 times running, so I 3 bet him and he calls I am holding 8 9 off. Flop comes down 3 5 7 with 2 spades, and I fire a pot bet out and he calls. Hmmm OK, turn brings the 9 spades, and again I fire 3/4 pot bet out and he calls, and the river is an 8 giving me top 2 pair. Now thinking I am beating AA KK QQ JJ so I then check hoping he shoves, and he does and I call it, he flips AK spades and I wave another buy in gone. But it gets worse, if it could of course. I miss flop after flop, I miss up and down straights, I miss flushes, I miss sets when calling with Pocket Pairs with 4 in the pot preflop. Whatever I had I missed, and whenever I bluffed I was called. It is prob one of the worse days I have had in the challenge.

I have just counted 10 pots of over 20 BB I lost tonight in separate hands. I played 1024 hands tonight, and the games have just finished at 1-30 am. I was still playing 2 tables waiting for them to break, but I had to come off in the end. The damage is €26.29 down and that's with doubling on 2 hands ! Again another button steal attempt but this time I got lucky holding A3 suited in the BB and 3 bet and he calls. Flop comes down 2 5 7 rainbow and I pot bet it expecting him to fold, but he min raises and I still have outs so I call and the turn is an Ace. I check and he bets about 3/4 pot and I call, still waiting for the miracle 4 to come. River is another ace, and I just jam it in, and he calls and mucks. He starts calling me, but I cant be bothered to read it. I guess I outdrew him prob with KK, I dont know nor care.......

I should of knocked it on the head tonight when the HU tourney started for sure, and yes I will next time. I was wreckless tonight, and maybe I got an image of being a bit reckless after all that. I was determined to crack the €1.5k tonight as well, but whenever I try, I always seem to fail at the goals, so just going to plod on and if it works its all good.....

Now played 7839 hands for the month of August, and although still up for the month, its been reduced to €29.73, which is still 3 buy ins. Still a way to go till the end of the month.....

No comments:

Post a Comment