Wednesday 11 August 2010

That was a long shift !

I had to go to the physio today, so I could not do what I did yesterday and play some poker in the afternoon. So I waited until after tea and set my stall out with the 4 tables, fully expecting it to be another hard long slog, while again playing a forum PLO game in the series that's currently running which is the PPP WSOP. Anyone wanting to get involved, click the link on the right hand side on the blog !

For some bizarre reason the tables started closing after an hour which is a first, so I had to go hunting for some more tables. Tonight had everything...... Flopped quads, flopped boats, missed with huge hands and of course donkey calls by me.

I say Donkey call it wasn't really but I should of known. I had JJ on the button and its folded to me and of course I raise and the SB 3 bets me, hes just sat down and no stats on him, so I elect to call and let him hang himself. Flop comes down 8 9 10 rainbow and yes he bets the pot, so I just shove and OMG he calls turn blank river blank, and he flips AA. Buy in gone. I run quite well in the forum game and eventually end up HU so trying to play x4 cash NL games, and also a freeroll opens up that I forgot about, so its 6 games on the go, and things are a bit mad for a while. I get beat HU in the PLO game and start to concentrate on the cash tables, and I know I am down at least €15 on the day, never getting back the buy in and also losing again to shorties, and I promise myself I am folding anything up to KK to a shorty stack from now on. The amount of times they just wait for AA is unreal, and then hit and run straight after. I try a couple of bully plays towards the end, and they seem to work and eventually I decide enough is enough for 1 night. I click the re-fresh on the tracker, and I honestly can not believe it when I see it. Nothing stands out over the last 80 hands but I was €15.70 down 80 hands from the end, and I double check to see I am just €1.37 down having played almost 6 hours and 1144 hands. I defo take that and still amazed I turned it round.

Yes it does make 3 losing days in a row, but the fact its nothing more than €3 at a time, and with yesterdays bad luck and today's bad read I got to be a happy chappie !

I'm away tomorrow till later on, so the hand count will be low. Going to Worthing on the train for a bit of sea air.........

No comments:

Post a Comment