Friday 23 April 2010

And the Numpty award for today goes to..........

I have to start with this hand. I played a bit this afternoon and got in about 400 odd hands but it was in the 1st 10 mins that this hand started. To be honest I still cant really believe what I saw.
Anyways it goes like this, I'm on the BB with A9 and its folded to the Button who calls and so does the SB and I check. Wow the flop comes A92. I flopped top 2 pair but oh no, there is flush draw out there. SB checks and I think a Milli second before pot betting it, which is pretty standard for me with 3 in it. I know they call draws all the way so I want to make them pay, but happy to take it there. What the button does next? He only goes and shoves for €7.90 all in into a pot of 30c, of course SB folds.
I can only put him on a flush draw hence the push. Did I fold it?
No way, anyways turn blank river fills the flush, bollocks I think, but to my utter disbelief he shows A6 off....... I am thinking WTF have I just seen........ Anyways it was a nice pot and set me on my way.
I was playing 4 tables this afternoon when I decided to call it quits.
Started back up this evening, and to be truthful did have a run of cards tonight, which I played out the normal way but not really any takers.
So was playing the x4 cash tables and I had x3 tourneys going on as well when boom the computer suddenly goes dead. I was very deep in the UB deep stack I play, and I was on the FT of the PPP game, massive chippo has well.
Only thing I could do was re-boot, but we all know how long that takes. By the time I got back on, all my cash tables had closed and I had lost some chips in the PPP game but managed to finish 2nd when I was called heads up with x7 v my 3 bet AA only for the flop to run 77k and the turn to bring the 3rd 7, all in and he shows Quad 7's.
Finished 17th in the UB deep, was after a good chip stack to attack with, and when Button raises I push with KQ only for him to call and show 88, and flops the set and me out 17th.

Anyways back to the challenge which this blog is about really. I decide to system restore because my TFT's went all funny after the boom and both were very dark and no matter how much I messed with the controls it didn't work. So sent it back a day, and believe its because my graphics card I re installed today just cant handle the stuff going on anymore.

I then kick up x6 tables and continue to run good. Nothing of note but I did more note taking tonight than any night, and it got a bit crazy in the end so I didn't want to spoil a good day.
One hand in particular I had a note on, was a guy who normally raised pre but tends to get his opponents off with a hefty river bet, which I noted and also flushes didn't phase him either and was still betting strong with top pr med kicker ie AJ.
I get AA UTG and its worse place to get it at these limits trust me. So I elect to x3BB it, knowing I will get called to hell, but only pick up 4 callers (note the only 4). Anyways I cant remember the flop but there was a king on it, so I pot bet it to see were I am, and just get this guy with the note on him who calls who's in the BB. Turn comes down a connecting Card for a str. I want to play small ball now just in case so I check it and he checks, the river is even worse and puts 4 to the str out there. He instantly pot bets it, but because of the note taking I had on him I elect to call and I was right, he had a small pr so took that pot.
Pretty chuffed really because even though I have the PT3 I still add notes, and they served me well tonight.
So the total for today's play is......................
Played a 2ND highest amount of hands so far this month in 1268 hands with a profit of €13.82 for today.
It does take me over the 1.3k amount, but I am not too bothered about that because I have been there before only to go on a bad run.
But I am going to get on to support. I still have a €1k pending deposit bonus and its suppose to be released in €10 for every €50 raked. At the moment I have amassed a total of €93 rake in 12 days playing, but still no release.
I have a 4 day profit streak has well, which is pleasing and I have played a total of 9850 hands in 12 days.
More of the same tomorrow please..............

No comments:

Post a Comment