Thursday 29 April 2010

A game of 2 halves......

Same set up like last night, 6pm ish starts x4 cash tables up and play a couple of Mtt's.
Of course its pretty easy when you have 2 screens.
So Off I set for another grind, and like most days I tend to lose before I win, and today was no different.
It was also mentioned about the 10 10 hand that I was not fully loaded up when the hand took place, meaning if you did not know means bought in for the Max you can.
What I tend to do because your unable to auto max buy in whenever it dips below the 100 BB is wait till it gets below €9, nothing about it really, I just like to try and make a profit from my starting stack so I know were I am up to. But I take the point on board.
Anyways back to the session for tonight. AA in the BB, great place for it, you get to see all the action and then you can act accordingly.
So mid Pos raises and has increased his stack by 50% when I check it out. He gets a caller and then it gets to me, so I hump it to €1.50 and Mr 1.5 buy in folds but the other caller doesn't he flats. Flop comes down AJ7 and people who know me, I never check sets EVER. So I try a fancy move, because the amount of times I have a set bet out and then they all fold is probably in the 100's now. So I wanted to change it with this hand. Hoping hes got QQ or JJ would be good, infact it would be ideal. So I show a bit of weakness and just bet 50c into a pot of €3.40, but Muppet just calls.
Ok maybe hes slow playing the Jacks. Turn is a 8 and yes I didn't see it this before, but there is now a str out, but would he call a 3 bet with 9 10..... Maybe, so I think screw this and now pot bet it of €4.40 and he calls. The river is a King. I put him all in and he calls and flips Q 10 for the nut str. Buy in down.............
Was there a lesson to be learnt, I don't know, but I was getting frustrated with not getting paid off when I hit a set, although even when I bluff they still all fold, so I guess I cant have it both ways. Basically my read was wrong and I lost a buy in with it. Shit happens, I don't claim to be the best and I am not. I made a mistake and it cost me.
It then gets worse.....

Dealt to Plaza. [5c 4s]
Afterglo calls €0.10
GIANNAKISS calls €0.10
jaakari68 calls €0.10
soumei calls €0.10
Plaza. checks
*** FLOP *** [3d Ah 2h] ( happy days the nuts, but 2 hearts no messing bet pot )
soumei checks
Plaza. bets €0.45
Afterglo folds
GIANNAKISS folds
verbalsoze folds
jaakari68 folds
soumei raises €0.90 ( ok so you slow played your Ace King or even Aces )
Plaza. calls €0.90 ( call it, dont want to scare him off just yet )
*** TURN *** [3d Ah 2h] [Kd] ( Nice turn )
soumei goes all-in with €1.90 ( Bang got ya..... )
Plaza. calls €1.90
*** RIVER *** [3d Ah 2h Kd] [5h] ( bollox there's that heart )
*** SUMMARY *** ( I am not worried about the heart now, money in good nowt else to do,if he got the flush note him and move on).
Total pot €5.89 | Rake €0.31
soumei won (€5.89), showed [4d 6c] ( WTF IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

So was not best pleased and was down like 1.5 buy ins now and getting suck out after another.
I am not for moaning much, So I reload and carry on, look at PT3 and see I have played just short of 700 hands and am down €16.71. Still going in the UB deepstack so I carry on playing, I up the aggression and try to get them to think I am tilting, if of course they know what it means........
Managed a double up on 1 of the tables when I limped UTG with QQ which I tend to do in cash UTG with any Pair and see what comes after. You always get numptys pushing all in for 80 BB and I just don't click call and want to race all the time which is why I elect to just call and see.
Some guy in Mid Pos raises x5 BB and everyone folds back to me, hes pretty stacked and I call the raise and its Q high rainbow. Ok on this occasion I did check. Only because there was nothing there, no draws on straights or Flushes. So with €1.15 in the pot he bets 85c, I think do I want to raise.... No why would I yet, so I call it.
Turn is a low 3 but brings 2 hearts on the board now, and with €2.85 in the pot time to make my move. I check and he bets €1.50, I then pot raise it, happy with what I have got. I don't want him drawing to Ak Hearts if that's what hes got, and he calls.
To be honest It threw me a bit with the call, so I defo got to avoid the heart I think, with no straights to hit. The river is the Black Jack phew. So ok I want to get paid now, there is €14.61 in the pot and hes holding €4.88 back. I could of shoved and he prob might of called I don't know, but I wanted to make some more cash with the current losses, so I put in half of what hes got, if he shoves the rest in great, if not doesn't matter too much, but he just calls and mucks and I virtually double up.
What is interesting and I have just seen it on the PT3 reply, although you don't get to see his cards, it still shows you the percentages on winning the hand and I was 95% on the turn, so hes got 2 outs to beat me, which of course means he had AA KK.
I suspect KK because he never threw it all in, and him thinking I had AA, which I don't blame him because it does happen a lot on Boss.
I then continue on another table and find AA in the SB. Its been raised and called by 2 others so no messing I up to €2, but then I get 4 bet and the other 2 fold. Again Pretty much sure hes got KK QQ or poss AK, but rare. Hes well stacked and I elect to call, with me not wanting to ship in pre for him to know what I have. Calling I could make him think I have JJ QQ. Flop is 9 high and I check from the SB, he then bets half the pot, and I ship him knowing hes not going to fold and my story is still believable with JJ QQ.
But has I am writing this I am also seeing it for the 1st time in the replayer with the percentages and with the cash all in on the turn hes got a 13% of winning on a board of 2 4 9 10 with 2 spades, so I can rule out KK QQ JJ NOW. So Bugger, I don't what hes got Maybe completely over played K9 K10 off on a pure bluff from the outset.
I think 13% means hes got 6 or 7 outs which would mean hes got a pair and 2 more outs for the set and 4 outs to make 2 Pair.
Anyway the board pairs the 9 he mucks and we never know and I double for a nice €22.86 pot.
I then get busted in my UB tournament with 20 left and I make a move in Mid Position with Q9 and get 1 caller and the flop comes down 99A I bet out and he shoves and shows A7 Turn instant Ace and I'm toast out in 20th.
So I then start to close down my tables because there starting to break, and make a couple of bluffs to finish the night off.
I have an hospital appointment early tomorrow, so I need to be up and ready for that, and recently been getting up @ 2pm, so its going to be an effort to get up at 9am :-(

So today's scores on the doors are, played 940 hands to virtually make it 14k hands played in 16 days, and I made a profit of €11.00 with another €7 in rake paid.
This 45% is really going to make a difference when It kicks in. But I will not be hammering it until the 1st June when I get get the full benefits of a full month.

I have to be happy with today with coming back from a loss like I said to finish up.
I know its only 1 buy in, and too most its nothing, but the fact I enjoy the way I am slowly proving with proper B/roll in place, you don't need to go broke!

No comments:

Post a Comment