Saturday 24 April 2010

Todays Numpty part 2 award goes to......

I put in a mega session tonight, playing x8 tables for 5 hrs.
I missed out on the tournies I normally play because to be honest I was in a lot of pain today, so by the time I made tea it was like 7-30pm.
So off I went opening my 8 cash tables up and bought in the max to all like normal.
It was obvious from the outset that the €1.3k curse is still with me. Because almost straight away I was outdrawn so many times and couldn't hit anything and considering I was x8 tabling I thought was a bit weird.
Anyway once again I played 1 hand from the BB with 2 7 off having 2 limpers and I check my option and was pretty pleased with the 732 rainbow flop. I pot bet out like I do, and then got some retard shoving for like €9 when there is only 65c in the pot.
I tried to work out what he had. I had him for slow playing an over pair in the end so I made the call. I mean is this a fold? Is it worth risking €9 incase I am wrong and hes got a set of 3's and would he play it like that? I did consider folding it this time because I only had put in 50c. But like I said I made the call and the turn was a 3 which an overpair is now leading and the river is an 8 he flips 88 for the boat. Right read again, just unlucky, but has they say you got your money in good.
So Buy in down and it got worse.......... I must of had KK 5 times tonight and an ace flopped everytime, of course I lead out and when your raised at these levels you have to assume your behind most of the time. So all this is costing me money, and I did a quick look on the PT3 and found I was back to minus for April down something like €25 with only 800 hands played.
But like all good soliders you carry on.........
I won a lot of pots with betting out on the flop and turn and even the river to get them to lay hands down. It started to come back, and I must say, when your x8 tabling its amazing how much you depend on your reads of your players.
I know I folded AA after a big raise on the flop on a board 678 ( with 2 hearts ) after I over pre bet when there were like 6 limpers and he was the only 1 who called and stats showed him to be pretty tight, so I assume he had made the set, and I was not prepared to " gamble " if I was wrong for another buy in.
I did however get lucky in the SB when mid pos min raises and he gets 3 callers and I make up with 88. the flop comes down 2 5 9 rainbow and like I do I lead out with a pot bet and only get 1 caller. Not too chuffed, but hes getting pot bet again on the turn regardless. So the turn brings the ohhhhhh the 8. Forget the pot bet now.... I checked and he shoves for like 1/2 a buy in, only 1 hand I am losing to is the straight, which he could of had, but I dont lay sets down to anyone ( much), so I make the call and the river is a King, he shows AA and I take down the pot. So I make some back, but then I get caught myself and it was my fault, but regardless I think the cash was going in anyway.
I have KK yet again and its raised by me and I get 2 callers flop comes down A72 all diamonds. I am holding the King of Diamonds so I bet 3/4 the pot and get 1 caller, the turn comes and its the queen of Diamonds so I now have the nut flush. So I check........... Me showing weakness by checking, but he does as well. The river is another Queen OUCH the only card I didnt really want to see or the ace, but no harm is there..... Unless hes of course got the set and filled up with the boat. I vaule bet and he instantly shoves. I did think about folding and tried to work out what he had. The more I thought about it the more I knew I was beat, and dont forget x8 tabling you still have other hands going on as well.
I figure I am beat because its rare for people to shove unless they have a really strong hand. I make the crying call and he shows AQ for the runner runner boat. Personally I think hes calling the Turn no matter what to be honest, so maybe I am being a bit hard on myself.
So yet again I need to rebuild and nothing really goes right for me. So I revert back to me stealing pots.
I never doubled in all the time I played tonight and after checking the stats for tonight I am amazed at just how much I am down.
I played an incredible 1717 hands over 5 hours and made a loss of €4.66. Considering how bad I run tonight it goes to show that stealing pots whether it be the flop, turn or river it soon mounts up.
Also the good news is has well I managed to realease my 1st €10 deposit bonus........

It brings the total amount of hands played in 13 days to 11.5k which on average works out at 890 a day. The rake is over €107.

I did ask PT3 forum about Boss stats being in $ and was there a way to show them in € but was told they are going to work on it and release it on the next build. So I have to wait till then, but the challenge goes rolling on, and on tonights performance I have to be happy all things considered..........

No comments:

Post a Comment