Thursday 22 April 2010

Dam Pesky Kings...........

I have not played much today, I have spent a bit of time trying to add things to the blog, and me being a novice at it, obv took more time than I wanted to spend on it.
By midnight I still had not played an hand, and after posting a couple of things in the forums I then fired up Euro poker and of course the tracker.
The only problem with starting at that time is, the tables are less and close before too long, so on that note I limited it to just 6 tables tonight and decided to spend a couple of hours playing, to try and make up for lost time today.
Nothing of note apart from the title of this post........
On button with KK and UTG has raised it up and cut off calls the raise, then it gets to me. I obv 3 bet and when UTG calls I rule out AA and cut off calls. Not impressed with the 2 callers, but more than happy with the flop of 228. Of course the only hand I am afraid of now is 88. So its checked back to me and I 3/4 bet it and UTG folds and cut off calls, slightly worrying but with no flush to chase I put him on a pair of somepoint. I did think A8 but the size of 3 bet even at these levels is slightly odd to call, so I have him down like I said to a pocket pair. Turn brings the J and a poss flush draw, hes still holding half his stack when he bets out with the J. Ok enough is enough hes now either got JJ 88 QQ. I am only losing to 2 hands so I put him all in and he calls the river is the ace but no flush. I had a bad feeling when the ace hit, and yes I was right to think that, he flips AJ. I wasn't best impressed because there was no need to call firstly with AJ to a big 3 bet of mine but then to call a good 3/4 pot bet on the flop with nothing, and goodness knows what he thought he was beating, but at these stakes, I suppose anything is Possible. So a buy in down in the 1st hour or so.
Not tilted ( much ) I start to up the ante on all my tables. No-one gets to see a river without getting past a bet from me on the turn regardless of what I have, and then if they do call, 90% of the time they fold to river bluff bet anyway.
Getting ready to start closing tables because tiredness starts to kick in, when I get KK in the BB. Its all limped to me, that's 7 limper's so I pot bet it and get 1 caller. Flop comes down 66Q with a flush draw. Ok after last time I bet pot and he calls and the turn is the Ace and completes the flush, but I have the K for the nutflush draw, and hes committed anyway to calling anything so I just push all in and hes quite short so he obv calls and then the river is a nothing card. He flips his cards and is holding ace 4 off, I'm thinking WTF. How the hell he can call my flop bet never mind the Pre bet. I wouldn't mind, hes not even holding the Ace for the nut flush because its on the board. So again KK losses to a Muppet.
But like I said I upped the aggression whenever I could and picked a double up myself with 55 on a board of 5 9 10 with both straight and flush draws out there I bet strong, and amazed I get raised and a caller before it gets back to me. Couldn't be set v set again surely...... The caller put him on a draw, but I was scarred of the set v set so I elect to call. The turn is another 9 making my boat and fills the flush has well. I check and see if the drawing hand bets out and to my surprise its checked to me. So I am thinking slow played 2 pr and now has a higher boat than me.
River is a nothing card and I decide to take a stab at it, if I am raised I fold so I value bet it just over half the pot and both call, and they both muck, and I managed to double my chips from that hand. I dont know what they had.
I then started to close the tables down within 15 mins of that hand, but not before another few steals with some turn and river betting with Air and them folding.
So tonight again was fearing the worst, but when I checked the tracker I was in profit for the day.........
Again not much, but with KK busted twice I was surprised to still be infront.
Managed to play 487 hands in just under 2 hours with a profit of €3.54.

No comments:

Post a Comment