Wednesday 21 April 2010

My worse Poker Moment set v set

I was thinking about this recently and the fact I have played over 7.2k hands in just over a week, I then suddenly thought I haven't seen set v set yet......
Weird how things turn out, because yes tonight it happened......
I played a little this afternoon but the site crashed and I couldn't be bothered to re seat, so left it till after the PFU session.
Managed to get in 878 hands today, but losing a buy in with the set v set. I thought it was going to send me back into the minus for April. I had no choice really but to call, you have to call when you have put a bet out on the river only to see someone shove all in with no Flushes no paired board, and I was being smart with strong betting with the ace flopped, so I bet heavy on every street. The only trouble was he called my flop bet with QQ on a board of A42. Of course I was holding the 44 for the set and my worse nightmare in poker was about to hit me full in the face the 2 outer Q hits the turn.
However we move on and I did just that, I think I got lucky, again with a set but the flop was all spades, and the river paired the board for my boat, I was guessing he was holding the nut flush, but was just calling me down every street to be paid. Of course I value bet the river for him to shove....... Instant call......
Another 1st tonight was the flopped quads. I was in the BB and it had been raised and I think 5 called ( told you no-one respects them ) and with K3 off I almost folded but pressed call, and the flop comes out KKK. Amazing I check..... Only for the raiser to shove all in. The only bad part was he was a shorty who bought in for 20 bb so scarred everyone else off. Wasn't much but it helped towards tonights total.
So after playing just less than 3 hrs on 8 tables I actually made a profit of €1.28.
I was expecting a loss tonight after the earlier episode, so was quite pleased.
I did however clock someone on all my tables, so goodness knows how many he was playing, but he was playing at least 8. I need to spend sometime going over his stats. I did have a quick glance and he continue bets 96% of the time over 1.5k hands, so I am sure I can pick up some more info when I have a bit more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment