Saturday 1 May 2010

Another day another Euro...........

Not been to clever today with the back playing up, I maybe over did it today but its been giving grief, so with that I didnt play my challenge till after 10pm tonight, but I opened up x8 tables and loaded up.
Per usual played tight early on to get the feel of the tables. Weekends always brings new players I haven't seen before so I like to weigh them up before hand and commit to anything big.
Of course we have the usual muppets. I wont bore you with loads of HH tonight, but there is just 1 hand that stands out.
I flop mid set and I bet out with 5 in the pot and get 3 callers and the 5th guy min raises. I should be glad really, because I was not overly impressed with all the callers.
So I 3 bet, and all fold to him and the board is K75 with 2 spades. If hes drawing he pays simple. So he then pushes, and I obv call turn is a nothing 2 and the river is a nothing Ace unless he called an all in with 3 4 or has AA of course or the KK, but I dont think it was raised, so can often rule that out ( most times ).....
Totally baffled when I get to see the cards. I am holding like I said set of 7's and he shows bottom pair on the flop he called an all in with 5 9 OFF..... Thank you very much.

Anyone remember the guy who has only 3 bet once in the 1.2k hands I had on him?
Well I now have 2.2k on him and hes now 3 bet twice.......
I know about Full tilt for dealing AA V KK all the time, but Boss network comes a close 2nd. Anyways our friend is to left, and I have KK and I have raised it and I think I am UTG + 1 and hes 3 to my left, its folded to him and OMG he 3 bets me, and also gets a call. I know I will prob get abuse and all that, but when your almost certain what hes holding, just like the 10 10 hand I previously posted a couple of days ago. But this is slightly different, because if I had missed with my 10's to the same situation its an easy fold. But with KK and I miss the flop could I really fold if the board comes out 7 high....... Thats what I was telling myself. So I folded KK preflop......... Yes I repeat that I folded KK preflop. I spent $90 on Poker Tracker and if I had not had it I would of not known about him never 3 betting, because normally I have other things going on has well.
So I fold, and the flop is 10 high rainbow and he then bets 3/4 pot and the other guy folds. I then check his Continuation bets and its approx 30% of all flops seen when he leads out.
Am I really wanting to pay to find out I was right? I think not and only lose 28c instead of a full buy in of €10.

Another hand stands out has well but this is on another table, I have AA in the cut off but before it gets to me its been 4 bet all in...... I think whats the best way to play this..... When I am thinking, the guy who just shoved says hes got AA, yeah right when I have AA, so I shove to isloate and we end up with 5 all in pre...... Great, but only 1 player has the same chips as me. Flop comes Q48 2 clubs, quick glance I dont have the Ace of clubs. ( People who know me will know why I checked too see if I have the Ace of the flush ). Turn brings a 3 clubs, so making a possible flush and dont forget there is 5 all in. The river is black jack and we all reveal our hands, I say all 2 are mucked and I cant work out with the percentages what they were holding. But the Guy who claimed to have AA did actually have AA, but we lost the hand to QJ, but the fortunate thing was he only had 26c invested when he pushed all in UTG. So me and AA guy chop the rest.
I then get told about a forum member doing ok in a stars tourny, so I have to somehow try and fit him in with the 8 tables going, when he was 12 out. But then the tables started to close and I was left with 4 open, which I carried on until he got busted in 4th. I then thought I had had enough, and was still in a bit of pain from the back so called it quits for the night.

I dont know if its just a run I am on, but apart from a losing 16c day, I have won the last 9 days I have played. Pretty pleased with that. I have found the way to beat them, combined with PT3 and the notes I make on players I seem to know when to raise to get them off pots, when to slow down, when to fold, when to bet OOP. Ok your going to get some donks who will hit, there bound to given enough hands played its the law of the game......
Just hope I know when I make the decision its the correct one hence the KK pre fold. I still think its a good fold now.........

Anyways todays figures........
Played a total of 867 hands in just 2 hrs 45 mins and made a profit of €15.09 which is a 1.5 buy in, and of course the rakeback keeps mounting up. Which when kicks in will be a nice little bonus at the end of every month.

Hoping to feel a bit better tomorrow backwise, but wifey wants to go for a meal, to celebrate the good news that there is something wrong with me...... Work that one out !!!!!
She's referring to the MRI results I received today showing the reason why I keep suffering with cronic Back pain. The MRI shows what the matter is and now have to wait for the appointment to go into Hospital which is likely to be July, and have major Back surgery, which means no poker............... :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment